PART 1: "Welcome" To Collinsport (Kathryn/Cecillia/)

View previous topic View next topic Go down

PART 1: "Welcome" To Collinsport (Kathryn/Cecillia/)

Post  Guest on 2nd October 2009, 14:23

Kathryn Collins had been spending a lot of time outdoors roaming the Collinsport area and hadn't been to her part-time job at the antique shop for more than a few hours the last few days. When she was there, she had been cleaning and restoring an old painting in an upstairs, well-ventilated room. It was a tedious and painstaking job and Clarice, her employer understood that she could only stand to do it for a few hours at a time.

Today Clarice wanted to go fishing and camping with her husband so she asked Kathryn to take care of the shop. Almost everything was well taken care of and Kathryn would have a chance to read a novel in between sorting through an old box of jewelry that Clarice had bought at an auction.

The jewelry was in a box at the bottom of a bigger box of junk. Most of it was antique costume jewelry, but there were also some semi-precious gems and really good pieces included that didn't look like much now. They needed cleaning and the chains were all tangled up together. With care and attention they would be profitable and would eventually go to appreciative homes. The plan was for Kathryn to work on them until she got tired and frustrated and then read a bit. Business had been slow lately and often hours would go by without a customer in the shop. Kathryn had resigned herself to a lonely day at work.

Last edited by Kathryn Collins on 16th October 2009, 00:27; edited 1 time in total

Back to top Go down

Re: PART 1: "Welcome" To Collinsport (Kathryn/Cecillia/)

Post  Cecillia Collins on 2nd October 2009, 22:17

Cecillia Collins had embarked on a day out in town with her cousin Carolyn. Carolyn had some business to attend to that would take her a good many hours, so Cecillia was left to waste time by herself. It had been one of the first times she'd gotten to walk around Collinsport by herself, so she was having fun; it was almost like old times again, except she was used to more shops and sights.

Turning down the money Elizabeth had offered her, Cecillia was left with only a hundred dollars. She had been holding on to the money for quite some time, and didn't plan on spending it all any time soon. There really wasn't anything in particular she had in mind to purchase or anywhere in particular she wanted to go, so Cecillia wondered mindlessly around the sidewalk. She'd stop at every store and look inside through the windows, and then keep moving. There really wasn't anything in Collinsport that interested her.

Cecillia glanced down at the antique gold and ruby ring she wore on her right hand. It was beginning to show wear and tare, as she refused to take it off unless it was ultimately necessary. She'd often pondered the thought of having it cleaned and polished, but felt that removing the old would remove some of the sentimental value the ring had. Sighing, she stopped in front of the next store: an antique shop. Finally deciding that this was somewhere of interest, Cecillia went in.

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ღஜ♥Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ღஜ♥
Cecillia Collins
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 2nd October 2009, 23:34

Kathryn looked up from untangling a brooch from some silver chains and smiled at the young woman who walked in. Collinsport was a small town and she'd seen almost everyone at one time or another, but didn't recall seeing this potential customer before.

Kathryn welcomed company even when they simply browsed. She enjoyed introducing people to the love and care of antiques.

"Let me know when I can show you something or answer any questions," she said. "Are you looking for anything in particular?" Again, she smiled encouragingly at the young woman.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins on 3rd October 2009, 00:03

Cecillia smiled at the woman and then quickly examined the room. "No, I'm just looking for now, but if I need help then I'll ask." Cecillia's voice trailed off as her eyes fell upon a stack of beautiful portraits. She wasn't big on portraits, but these looked quite intriguing. Walking over to them, Cecillia noted how good quality they were, so decided it best to just look but not touch. This was probably the last place she wanted to end up spending all of her money.

Spending all of ten minuets browsing, Cecillia was about ready to leave the antique shop. Nothing else had really caught her eye, and she was getting a little uncomfortable being alone in a shop with someone who she figured was probably staring her down, wondering if she was going to just look or buy. However, once again she glanced down at her ring, and decided that it was now or never. She was in a place that could fix her ring, and it wasn't as if she had anything better to do with her time.

"Excuse me," Cecillia said, walking over to the woman. "I'm not sure that I want to have anything done to it, but I was curious as to how much it would cost to have a ring cleaned and polished here." Cecillia held out her hand exposing the ring in question. "It means a lot too me, so I'm not sure that I want anything done to it, but I am just curious is all," she said, more or less reassuring herself.

♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ღஜ♥Every inch of you is perfect from the bottom to the top♥Ƹ̵̡Ӝ̵̨̄Ʒ ♥ღஜ♥
Cecillia Collins
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 5th October 2009, 00:03

"That's a beautiful ring and if you decide to clean it there will be no charge. I'll do that as a courtesy. Most people take their modern jewelry to a jeweler's and we don't see many people wearing antique rings. It is really lovely. Whenever you're ready, I can clean it while you watch and I'll stop if it makes you uncomfortable."

Kathryn looked closer at the ring. "It looks familiar. I've seen one that looks similiar in a portrait at the Collins mansion recently." She walked over to the window and pulled a shade down against the bright sun.

"You're welcome to ask any questions. You don't have to buy anything; we love to talk antiques with people and help them learn how to care for them. I've not been in town for long, my name is Kathryn Collins and I work here part time. You are welcome to come in any time we're open."

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins on 5th October 2009, 18:26

"Well that's a mighty generous offer," Cecillia said, curiosity shown brightly on her face. It wasn't every day someone would just offer to do something out of pure generosity. "So, I do guess that a shop such as this gets pretty boring . . . no offense of course." Cecillia quickly glanced around the room and then back to Kathryn.

"I'm Cecillia Collins by the way. Pretty weird we have the same last name," she said with a smile. "My great grandfather lived at Collinwood by the way. I lived in Concord with my grandfather up until his passing not long ago. Somehow Mrs. Stoddard found me and allowed me to come stay up at Collinwood. I've never met any of the Collins' prior to the arrangement, so it was sort of strange at first. Well, I'm sure that I am probably boring you by now," Cecillia said, quickly ending her summary of her current events.

"Back to the ring, I'll give it some more thought. However, I almost think I like it this way . . . it sort of makes me think that my great grandfather, Quentin Collins, is still alive and with me! Oh, I know it's quite silly, but we all have our strange little habits in life!" Staring at her ring briefly, Cecillia went in to deep thought. She wondered what it would have been like to live in Collinwood many years ago. What it would have been like in her great grandfathers time. What it would have been like to grow up in Collinwood.

"I shall try to come back into town more often, but I'm only here today because my cousin, Carolyn Stoddard, had business to attend to. Back in Concord I could walk where I needed to go - that's a little hard to do around here in Collinsport though! Perhaps I need to find something here in town to do during the day, so that I can spend more time out of Collinwood."

Cecillia Collins
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 15th October 2009, 00:26

"As I mentioned, I've not been here in Collinsport for very long myself," Kathryn told Cecillia. "I was married to a Collins for a short time and he was from the west coast. I've been to Collinwood once, though. I had a meeting with Mrs. Stoddard requesting that the family donate the use of one of their Victorian mansions in town for an artist's co-op. She's a gracious woman, but seemed distracted that day so I kept the meeting brief and to the point."

Kathryn smiled at her young visitor. "I must admit that I have a great interest in Collinwood and the family legends though. If you get really bored, you can do some volunteer work to help the young artists in the community or maybe we can do something on my days off. The shopping isn't so great here but the beach is pleasant when the weather's nice."

She straightened a pile of lace doilies and then added, "Take your time deciding about the ring. I like the look of tarnished jewelry myself."
She showed Cecillia the old silver rings on her hands and then laughed.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins on 15th October 2009, 16:42

"Well, I'll have to see if I can possibly get into town and stop by more often. I can't drive myself, so I suppose that I'll just have to stay on my cousin Carolyn's good side so she will be willing to bring me here into town more often."

Deciding that she better hurry up and get going, Cecillia started to say goodbye and leave. However, sparked by a sudden idea, and drowning in a pool of curiosity, she decided to linger yet a little longer. "By chance, I mean, since you've met my cousin Elizabeth before and I'm sure she wouldn't mind, would you like to join us for dinner tonight? It'd give you better opportunity to talk with her and everyone I think, and I can show you around Collinwood." Cecillia glanced down at her scarred leg that was partially hidden behind her skirt before continuing with a smile. "I have gotten to know my way around pretty well, and have learned my far share of family history from my cousin David."

Cecillia Collins
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 15th October 2009, 21:19

"Sure, I'd love to have dinner at Collinwood. How could I pass up an opportunity like that?" Kathryn was pleased; she'd been wondering how to visit Collinwood again.

When she'd been there before, Mrs. Stoddard had seemed distracted and it seemed to have something to do with young David Collins. This will be fascinating, she thought.

"I have a van and I love to drive it around here, so let me know if you ever need a ride. What time do you want me to show up?"

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins on 15th October 2009, 21:37

"Well . . . if you are interested in looking about outside, then you might want to come over while it's still light out, if you can. If not, then I guess around 7 should be sufficient."

"I do appreciate your taking me up on my offer, and hope that it doesn't come across as awkward. I really would enjoy having someone to look and gossip around with. It just isn't the same if you do it with the people who've lived there for a long time."

"I should probably be going now, as I'm sure that Carolyn will be ready soon. I guess that you can always phone Collinwood if you can't make it, or to tell when you should be there." With that, Cecillia shook hands with Kathryn Collins and made her way out of the store. She'd accomplished a goal of making a new friend, and had become eager to share the excitement of Collinwood with her.

Last edited by Cecillia Collins on 3rd December 2009, 23:18; edited 1 time in total

Cecillia Collins
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest on 3rd December 2009, 23:17

Kathryn was singing as she dusted some small statues after Cecillia left. I'm glad I made a new friend. We are both a part of the Collins family, yet we are both outsiders in a way. Now I will have more family and find out whether the legends and gossip are true.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

View previous topic View next topic Back to top