Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin)

3 posters

Go down

PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin) Empty PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin)

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 13th September 2009, 21:05

After the run in she had the night before, Carolyn was ever ready for all the unwelcome spirits of Collinwood to leave. At least the woman last night wasn't as terrifying as that of Quentin, she figured. However, any spirit, no matter how gentle, wasn't on her top 10 list of things to see on a regular basis (or an irregular basis).

Being just another slow paced day, Carolyn was downstairs in the drawing room enjoying a cup of tea and a book. She didn't feel the desire to go out and spend money or go hang out at the Blue Whale. Strangely enough, Carolyn felt compelled to just stay nestled in the protective interiors of Collinwood for the day.

Mrs. Johnson had been in and out of the drawing room all day, cleaning up and such. She'd briefly stopped to talk and then got back on with her business; more cheerful than usual Carolyn noticed. Her mother had also been in the room for a brief period of time, writing out a letter to someone. She'd then relocated to a different part of the house to be alone, Carolyn figured.

It wasn't until Carolyn looked up from her book that she noticed something wasn't right. Usually one would notice if they were being watched, or if they weren't alone, but Carolyn had no idea that all the while she wasn't alone. Heart nearly stopping for a moment, Carolyn dropped her book and it fell to the ground. Nearly spilling her tea, she let out a short terrified shriek and then made her way up off of the sofa.

Just two steps away, the doors to the drawing room slammed shut. Not surprised, Carolyn cowered against the door, facing the spirit. "What . . . What do you want," she managed to stammer, although she was nearly positive he wouldn't answer. This was the third time she'd been hassled by the spirit of Quentin Collins, and she was just as scared as ever.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin) Empty Re: PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin)

Post  Quentin Collins 13th September 2009, 21:27

Quentin had been watching Carolyn for a few minuets before she even noticed. Risking coming out in the dead of day was of no concern to him. He meant business and day or night had no trouble getting his point across. Only smiling at Carolyn's startled behavior, as he watched her stumble off the sofa and to the doors. Of course, he had no intentions of letting her out that easily. After the years of being ignored as a living, breathing Collins, he wasn't about to be ignored any longer.

Stepping closer to Carolyn, his face meant business. Quentin wasn't in the mood for jokes at the present time, and wasn't going to casually let up on the affair at hand. He stepped nearly two feet away, causing Carolyn to practically break down in a terrified sobbing fit.

Reaching in his coat pocket he pulled out a letter addressed to himself. He held it out for Carolyn to take, and started to get very annoyed when she didn't. The anger in his eyes shown through very clearly, and had the doors to the drawing room been distrubed, he might have succeded in doing something uncalled for.
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin) Empty Re: PART 2: Restless Spirit (Carolyn/Elizabeth/Ghost of Quentin)

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 14th September 2009, 09:47

Elizabeth had been curious about the ghost that had appeared in her room and had gone to the study to look at old photos in an album when she suddenly remembered something she needed to tell Mrs. Johnson. She knew her housekeeper was likely to be in the kitchen at this time so was on her way through the foyer to speak with her when she heard the doors to the drawing room slam. Puzzled, she stood in the foyer near the clock, not wanting to interrupt yet sensing that something was wrong.

She cautiously opened the doors and first noticed her daughter, who looked upset. Then she noticed the menacing-looking ghost who had turned around and glared at her.

"Oh, I know who you are," she burst out without thinking. "You're Quentin Collins. So, you didn't cause enough trouble in your own lifetime to satisfy you? Well, this is my home now and I don't care at all for you frightening the members of my family!"
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Quentin Collins 14th September 2009, 20:06

Quetin was shocked at the straightfowardness of Elizabeth, but was not very pleased with it at all. He was tired of playing by anybody elses rules, and wasn't going to be ordered around anymore. He could tell that he didn't frighten Elizabeth as he did Carolyn, but it was of no real concern.

Without further hesitation, he again held out his hand containing the adressed letter. Urging it towards the two women until one of them decided to take it from him.

The letter contained a heartfelt note from his once lover, Beth Chevez. It was one of the last notes Quentin Collins received from her, and he wore it all these years. It contained Beth's feelings for the two of them, but also was her last farwell. The note had caused Quentin's soul such unrest over all of the years, but the secrets that were still buried in his secluded space was of more importance.

He continued staring at the two women, one upset - one annoyed. Quentin was begining to lose all patients once again and fearfully threw the letter in their face. If they didn't accept it this time, he decided, then he'd use force. One way or another, he was going to get them to play by his rules and do what he wanted.
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 14th September 2009, 22:57

Elizabeth didn't feel as brave as she was appearing to be. She would have been more frightened if she'd been alone with the angry ghost but she felt protective of Carolyn. She called on her experience of dealing with cranky, difficult male relatives, namely Roger and David, to handle the situation. When Quentin threw the letter at her, she automatically responded as she would have when David had been so troubled.

"Do you want us to look at that document and ask by throwing it at us? Do you really expect me take my eyes off you while you're glaring at me with hatred and read it?" Elizabeth stood her ground, her heart pounding with fear. She waited as Quentin sullenly handed her the document and moved away.

She looked at it and then said to Carolyn, "It's a letter to him from a woman named Beth, a love letter. It's faded and difficult to read but she seems brokenhearted and is saying goodbye. She surely must be the crying spirit that was in my room."

"Well, from what I've heard of you, you wouldn't care about this woman," Elizabeth said to Quentin. "I don't know what it is you want from us, but you can begin by using better manners."
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Quentin Collins 15th September 2009, 19:32

Quentin burst into a sudden heavy laughter. The fact that Elizabeth thought she could get over on him was really quite interesting to him and he felt it quite funny. He didn't want to lose their help, but at the same time Quentin wanted to keep it clear that he was the one in charge.

Coming back to face the angered Mrs. Stoddard again he became serious again. Glaring for a brief moment, he began moving towards her. Quentin walked around the women and into the foyer. Turning back around, he waited as they turned to follow him.

Motioning in his direction, Quentin headed to the staircase and began to climb upstairs. All the while, he never took his eyes off of Elizabeth and Carolyn, as they started to reluctantly follow him. He was headed to his lifetime and eternal habitat: the west wing, and he was going to insure that they followed him every step of the way.
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 16th September 2009, 17:18

Elizabeth Stoddard didn't trust Quentin Collins at all and why should she? "Wait a minute," she told him. "It appears you want our help but I don't know why. Not only do you seem to expect us to be mind readers, but you seem to expect us to follow you without question after you've menaced and intimidated us. I have not forgotten what you did to Carolyn awhile back."

She stood her ground, standing as tall as she could. "I'm willing to follow you, but not before I tell Mrs. Johnson where we are going in case we don't return in a timely manner. You must excuse me, I'll be right back." Mrs. Stoddard checked with her daughter to make sure she was feeling all right and then told Mrs. Johnson that she and Carolyn were going to the west wing.

She came back to the foyer to find Quentin looking impatient and Carolyn looking apprehensive. "O.K. Now I'm ready to proceed," she told the ghost.
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Quentin Collins 16th September 2009, 20:45

Growing more and more impatient, Quentin waited as Elizabeth Stoddard left the room and returned. He was becoming quite frustrated with her, however since he very much needer her cooperation, Quentin tried his very best to stay as calm as possible around her and not cause any harm.

Quentin lead the two women upstairs through the halls and to the entrance of the west wing. He turned to look at the two of them, to make sure they were still following him, and then opened the door. Stepping inside, he waited as Carolyn and Elizabeth followed and then slammed the door behind them. Through the dark, musty west wing the three walked.
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 16th September 2009, 20:53

As she was following the ghost of Quentin through the halls of Collinwood, Carolyn didn't feel her self. Everything just seemed strange and not right. She was glad her mother was with her, but that didn't ease much of the discomfort she had.

"Mother, are you sure we should be doing this," Carolyn whispered to her mother as they walked along. "I know that he isn't going to leave us along until we help him, but what if we can't help him?" Worry was stamped all about Carolyn's face, and anxiety over being in the west wing again was coming about her.

Carolyn's heart beat was rapid as the three of them walked through the endless corridors. She didn't want to think about what could happen, but having been in this position once before, the outcomes were all too real.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 17th September 2009, 00:11

"Don't worry Carolyn, I told Mrs. Johnson that we'd be somewhere in the west wing. She can get the Sheriff and his deputies if need be. Quentin must think we can help him or he wouldn't be bothering to show us the letter. If we don't know how to help him, perhaps he can simply let us know what he wants us to do."

They continued to walk. "It would be easier if he would speak. Beth spoke. I doubt is she'd allow Quentin to do us too much harm. I just wonder what could matter to them now, after all this time. And why does whatever needs to be done have to be done in such a gloomy, musty and dusty place? Have you ever seen so many cobwebs in your life?"

They went through a few more corridors. "This certainly wasn't how I intended to spend my day," Elizabeth said.
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Quentin Collins 17th September 2009, 18:52

After leading the two women through ever familiar corridors, Quentin stopped in front of a door. He briefly turned to cast a gloomy stare at Carolyn and Elizabeth before opening the door and stepping in. Standing in the doorway, he motioned for the two women to follow him. He had gotten them this far, and he wasn't about to let them turn back now. Impatiently, he waited for them to enter.
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 17th September 2009, 18:56

By this point Carolyn was almost teary eyed. Shaking her head 'no', she stood motionless in front of the room. This was, in fact, the same room that she had been locked inside of not so long before, and she couldn't bring herself to entering it once again. "I can't mother . . . I just can't."

Carolyn could tell that Quentin detested her behavior which frightened her even more than the room. Who knew what he would do to them if they didn't enter the room like he wanted. Not knowing what to do, Carolyn looked to her mother for the answer.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 18th September 2009, 01:07

"Mrs. Johnson has her instructions if we're not back in a reasonable amount of time, so don't worry." Elizabeth was speaking to Carolyn but made sure that Quentin could hear. Then she addressed him.

"Well, we're willing to help you within reason just like any other family member. I don't have time to play guessing games so you need to find a way to tell us what you want. I see we're in yet another dismal, dusty room but I don't know why. It doesn't bode well for you at all to try to intimidate or harm us." She looked at the scowling ghost. "Well?"
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Quentin Collins 18th September 2009, 18:12

As soon as the two women entered the dark room, the door behind them slammed shut. Quentin looked upon them one last time, before making his last gesture towards the wall to his right. He then vanished into thin air; gone, back to where ever his restless spirit laid.

It was at that time that an unfamiliar tune flowed across the room. Coming from seemingly nowhere, the music grew louder by louder.

~End Scene~
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down