Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn)

Go down

PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn) Empty PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn)

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 29th August 2009, 09:33

ELIZABETH STODDARD

Elizabeth had managed to get her daughter safely back down stairs and into the drawing room. She had tried her best at comforting, and now wanted to get Carolyn's bashed knee fixed and to find out what happened. "I'll be right back dear," Elizabeth said, leaving Carolyn at rest on the sofa. A couple minuets later she returned with a few things to repair Carolyn's knee, and proceeded to do so.

"Now please Carolyn, please try to tell me what happened tonight," Elizabeth said, worriedly to her daughter. It had been some time since she had seen Carolyn in such a fuss, and couldn't grasp what had happened exactly. She waited patiently as Carolyn brought herself together enough to talk about the night full of unfortunate events.

Last edited by Carolyn Stoddard on 5th September 2009, 15:54; edited 1 time in total
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn) Empty Re: PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn)

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 29th August 2009, 14:29

Carolyn had finally been able to grasp on to reality now that she had been brought downstairs and far away from any danger or terror still lurking upstairs. Making sure that could recall every detail necessary, Carolyn began to tell of her less than happy evening.

"When I went into the west wing, I quickly got through the first rooms. In fact, the room that I ended up being locked in had the most stuff out of any other. Anyway, I went in and closed the door. I didn't even happen to think about it locking. As I was trying to leave the room, I then noticed that I was locked in." Carolyn started to show discomfort for what she was going to tell next.

"And so, I started to search around the room for something to help me get out, knowing that I needed to hurry. It was then that I . . . " Carolyn paused for a brief period before continuing. "It was then that I thought I saw something in the corner. It wasn't until he stepped closer that I knew who it was." Carolyn noticed that her mother had a very confused look on her face.

"Yes, mother, I saw the ghost of Quentin Collins tonight. Frightened, I tried to get out, but of course the door was locked. I was scared for my life, until he handed me something and then disappeared. I don't understand it at all, but I have in my pocket a necklace; a necklace from Quentin." Carolyn reached into her pocket and pulled it out, and then placed it into her mothers hand.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn) Empty ELIZABETH STODDARD'S REPLY

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 29th August 2009, 14:41

ELIZABETH STODDARD

Elizabeth was totally stunned by her daughters story. Of course, she wanted to believe her, but given her previous state, it could have been slightly exaggerated. However, when Carolyn revealed a very simple piece of jewelry, all doubt subsided, and Elizabeth believed every shocking detail.

Holding the necklace in her hand, Elizabeth examined it. She had never seen it before, and knew that it did not belong to Carolyn. It was very well preserved, but its age was still visible. "I can't believe it Carolyn, I really just don't know what to say. Why on earth would the ghost of Quentin Collins return and give you this? What is the meaning behind this necklace, if there is one?" These thoughts and more floated around in Elizabeth's mind, as she looked from her daughter, to the necklace, and back again.

"None the less, I am grateful that you are now okay, and am very happy that I found you so quickly. I don't even want to imagine you having to spend all night up there." Elizabeth delicately placed her hand upon Carolyn's.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn) Empty Re: PART 3: Recalling The Nights Adventure (Elizabeth/Carolyn)

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 29th August 2009, 21:12

Carolyn was glad that her mother had believed her very true story. She did not liked it when people doubted her, especially her mother. It was very comforting to her to know that her mother was there for her no matter what, and that she was especially there for her now.

"I really don't know what the meaning of it is, mother. You know, we have a few of his journals that we found; one of them could very possibly shed some insight. However, I'm not up to looking through them tonight. I think that I would much rather just forget that any of this even happened."

Carolyn smiled at her mother, and then arose from the sofa. "I suppose that Mrs. Johnson is a bad as mess as I am, isn't she? We had better go get dinner before she decides that she's had enough of it all!" Carolyn got to the door of the drawing room and stopped. Turning around to face her mother she cheerfully remarked, "I take it that you didn't find the portrait either?!"

~End Scene~
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down