Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly)

5 posters

Go down

Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly) Empty Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly)

Post  Sam Evans 28th August 2009, 23:52

At 1:30 a.m., the four very quiet people were sitting in Maggie's car near Eagle Hill cemetery. They had hidden it in some trees and were going to quietly walk a quarter of a mile in to the grave of Molly Devlin. They were dressed warmly and there was a thermos of hot coffee in the car although no one seemed inclined to be eating or drinking anything. Joe and Sam each had shovels; Joe also had a crowbar for prying the coffin lid open. Maggie and Carolyn had flashlights. They quietly shut the car doors, made sure Maggie had her keys ready in case they needed to make a run for it and began walking in the direction of Eagle Hill. There was a full moon and it cast shadows everywhere.

"This really makes me want a drink," Sam sighed. "I hope it will all soon be like a bad dream."
Sam Evans
Sam Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly) Empty Re: Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly)

Post  Joe Haskell 29th August 2009, 00:09

It seemed like their footsteps were very loud with twigs cracking underfoot and the rustling of leaves. They were silent all the way and the feeling of dread grew as they neared the neglected part of the cemetery where the unwanted were buried. Joe was thinking how different the other people buried here were from Molly, who was sweet, and he hoped their ghosts weren't restless. They all knew what they were here to do.

First, all four of them gathered some branches and leaves in a pile to cover over the mound of dirt when they were done. They wanted to be able to make a fast getaway if needed. With one flashlight shining on the grave, Joe and Sam began silently digging.

"This ground is really hard and packed down," Joe said. "Since they thought she was a suicide they might have been careless about how they buried her." He listened to the grunt from Sam in response. "Well, I hope this will satisfy her."
Joe Haskell
Joe Haskell
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly) Empty Re: Digging For The Truth (Sam/Maggie/Carolyn/Joe/ ghosts of Quentin & Molly)

Post  Maggie Evans 29th August 2009, 00:45

Maggie was fearful of her surroundings, she knew that taking into the account that this was illegal she wouldn’t have been part of it but for a cause of a restless spirit, she is willing.

Maggie was glad to have Joe and her Father by her side to do this. They knew this wasn’t an ordinary evening for them. She continued to hold the flashlight close to her unaware what was around her.

When they got to the grave, she became paranoid that something was behind her. From time to time she felt a cold breeze on her neck which caused her to flinch. She was frightened and wanted to be near Joe. Having Carolyn with her did help ease the stress but the paranoia took over.
Maggie Evans
Maggie Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Haskell 29th August 2009, 21:44

The silence was wreaking havoc with Joe's nerves. He could hear an owl in the distance and crickets nearby but the sound of the shovels hitting the ground was making him edgy. He didn't realize he'd started muttering to himself. "Hey Joe, what did you do last night Joe? Oh nothing much, just dug up a coffin with my girlfriend and her dad and my ex-girlfriend. What did you do?"

He realized he'd been talking louder and with a bit of hysteria in his voice. Quickly looking around, he decided to get a grip on his nerves before someone slapped him. Just then, he felt his shovel hit something solid. "Maggie, can you shine the flashlight in here, I think I've got something. Careful Sam, they probably used cheap wood for the coffin and it might be kind of flimsy."
Joe Haskell
Joe Haskell
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 29th August 2009, 22:48

Carolyn shared the accumulating panic that everyone had. This was so very far from a regular night, and she was starting to get a little uncomfortable. Between Joe talking to himself, and Maggie frightened standing beside her, Carolyn didn't know what to think.

As soon as Joe's shovel hit a coffin, Carolyn's heart jumped. Strangely, she couldn't believe that they had managed to do it. She began feeling uneasy about having it pulled out of the ground. "What would they find inside," she thought. However, she knew that this was the only way for all of the reoccurring drama to stop.

"I can't believe that we are getting reading to do this," Carolyn blurted out, as she watched Sam and Joe digging out the coffin. "But lets just hurry up so we can get out of her."
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Evans 29th August 2009, 22:58

"I'm sorry darling, but can you shine that light in here so I can see what to grab onto," Sam said to his daughter. Joe actually had to climb down into the hole to haul one end of the flimsy wooden coffin up for Sam and then he maneuvered himself over to the other end.

They lifted it out onto the grass nearby. It was a cool evening but they were both sweating. Sam wished desperately for a drink and regretted not bringing a small flask with him.

He handed Joe a crowbar and offered to take the flashlight from Carolyn so she could look away. He watched as Joe began to pry at the lid while being careful not to damage anything.
Sam Evans
Sam Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Joe Haskell 29th August 2009, 23:16

The lid of the coffin finally budged and made a creaking sound as Joe carefully lifted it open. A movement over by a tree caught his attention and he looked over and saw Molly. By now he was kind of used to seeing her and he rested his eyes on her ghost knowing it wouldn't be as shocking as what he'd see in the coffin.

Joe looked over at Sam and saw a look of horror on his face. He looked down and saw a small skeleton in the coffin with grinning teeth, empty eye sockets and remnants of matted blonde hair. The bones looked broken which would make sense for someone who had been thrown from a cliff. By now he was sure the girl had been murdered as he glanced up at Molly again who was moving closer to the group.

Much of the skeleton's clothing had rotted away and Joe was horrified to see the small skeleton of an unborn child. "The letter and what Molly said at the séance was right, she was going to have a baby. No wonder Molly doesn't want them to be buried here."

Sam looked like he was about to pass out. Joe saw Molly moving closer to where Maggie was; she hadn't seen the ghost yet. "Careful Maggie," he said. "Molly's right behind you, it's O.K."
Joe Haskell
Joe Haskell
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Maggie Evans 29th August 2009, 23:37

Maggie began shaking from the sudden coolness that passed through the group. She became aware that something was going to happen she went to Carolyn for comfort but later was alone they opened the coffin. She felt alone and sudden feelings of wanting to leave entered her mind.
“Joe maybe we should leave, Maggie said with concern. She then heard voices behind her then became even more frightened. “It’s alright, It’s alright, Maggie saying to herself knowing that she didn’t want to scare the ghost.
Maggie Evans
Maggie Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 29th August 2009, 23:48

Between the opening of an old coffin, the discovery of a baby's skeleton, and the abrupt appearance of the ghost whose grave they were disturbing, Carolyn wanted nothing more than to run. Nervously she thought about the decision, but then realized that it was what she wanted to do. "I'm sorry, but I have to leave. I have to get out of here."

Carolyn turned to run back to the car, but no sooner had she gotten ten foot away, an ever familiar presence blocked her path. Out of complete fright and surprise, Carolyn let out a scream.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Quentin Collins 29th August 2009, 23:58

The spirit of Quentin showed up once again, and this time at the cemetery. His poor restless soul wanted nothing more than to let others discover the long lost truth, and he was willing to do anything in his power to insure that it happened.

Quentin's presence had been at the cemetery the entire time, but upon seeing that Carolyn was trying to leave, he had to put a stop to it. Quentin had been most attracted to getting her to help, and wanted her especially to know the truth. With the glare of his stern eyes, Quentin was successful at preventing Carolyn's escape, and watched as she scurried back over to where the others were.

Showing no signs of leaving, Quentin stood his ground to insure that the four didn't try and make any quick movements towards their vehicle.
Quentin Collins
Quentin Collins
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sam Evans 30th August 2009, 00:09

Sam saw and felt the ghost of Quentin too. And to think I was upset when sweet Molly showed up a few times. I sure wouldn't like to live in a house where he hangs out, he thought.

Then he tensed up when Quentin looked directly at him. I think he can read my thoughts.

They all agreed that they saw the baby skeleton, that they would do something about the situation and that they would tell as few people as possible. The lowered the coffin back in the ground, covered it with dirt and also the brances and leaves. Slowly they made their way back to the car. Molly looked pleased and Quentin allowed them to leave so they figured they must have done all right.

~end scene~
Sam Evans
Sam Evans
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down