Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

CHAPTER 12

3 posters

Go down

CHAPTER 12 Empty CHAPTER 12

Post  Simon Smith 19th November 2017, 15:20

It was a new day at the Old House as Simon awoke. Rolling over in bed, he sighed, finding it to be empty. Pulling back the covers, he slowly scooted out of bed, pulling on a pair of navy sweat pants and a white t shirt, before heading out of the bedroom and downstairs. Entering the kitchen, he went over to Cecillia who was standing at the counter fixing coffee. Placing his arms around her waist, he leaned down and started kissing her cheek as Cecillia spun around. "Stop!" Cecillia giggled as she tried to pry Simon off of her, but not having much luck as he continued with his absurd behavior. "What has gotten into you this morning?" She questioned, feeling almost trapped as Amy came into the kitchen. "Save me, Amy! Save me!" she yelled out in laughter, as Simon finally let her go, and she moved out from around him, but not before smacking his butt with a hand towel. "Now you see why it's a good idea that you and Vlad and Syerren moved back in. I'm lucky we don't have a house full of kids," she laughed, shaking her head as she sat down at the table with Amy.

Pouring himself a tall cup of coffee, Simon approached the table as well, sitting down. "You are only denying that you like it because you have friends around now," he smirked, picking up the newspaper.

"You are full of it, Mr Smith!" Simon spat back at him, picking up a cinnamon roll that was on the table and smashing it into his face, as he grabbed a hold of her and the two almost toppled over into the floor. "Go get dressed. You have to go help Reginald again today; there's a room upstairs that he is trying to repaint and fix some electrical problems and I told him you would happily come by and help out."

"I swear, I must look like a working mule to all of you," Simon spoke, shaking his head. "Yesterday it was drag a ton of trees into a pile. Today it's go move furniture and paint a room. Tomorrow are you going to be expecting a new gazebo or something? Might as well let me know now so I can prepare myself."

"Oh hush up and go get dressed!" Cecillia said, turning her chair to face towards Amy, done with Simon. Seeing that Amy had a smile on her face, apparently getting a kick out of the entire ordeal, Cecillia then noticed that she was holding a small box in her hand that appeared to be unopened. "Hey, what have you got there?" Listening then to her tell that it was some sort of gift for the Armâge family, specifically her, Cecillia grew great curiosity. "Well, why don't you open it up and see what it is?" she asked.

"It's just that only two people know that Vlad and I are here, and I don't really see either of them sending something like this," Amy spoke, sighing as she scooted the small box around on the table with her fingers, unsure of the matter.

"Well, go ahead and just take a look. Worst case scenario is you're wrong and it's a really great surprise." As Amy finally agreed and took the top off of the small box, Cecillia quickly jumped back from the table as the chair fell over. "What the hell is that!" She screamed, knowing immediately that it was something dead.

Simon, being left at the table with the box as Amy and Cecillia had scurried back, stood and peered down in the box.

"Ew, don't touch it!" Cecillia yelled, as Simon ignored her, sticking his fingers into the box, pulling out the object.

"A dead bat." He concluded, holding the animal up as the wings fell open and it took shape. "Some one sent you a dirty, dead bat, Amy," Simon said, taking the animal over to the trashcan and throwing it inside. Going back over to the box on the table, he picked it up and inspected it, not seeing any sent or return address, only the address of Collinwood. Going to Amy, he placed his hands on her shoulders as she had a teary eyed look to her. "Now, listen, are you sure that no one else knows that you are here? You didn't happen to disclose it to any friends or anything?" Watching as she shook her head, Simon continued. "Did you or Vlad acquire any new enemies here recently? I mean, to me, this seems like a threat focused more towards Vladimir, but whoever is behind it, wants you scared first. They probably are expecting you to go running to Vladimir, who will then seek justice a lot faster and possibly run head first into a sticky situation. Now, I don't think it's safe for you to go anywhere alone without myself or Vlad or Syerren around. It is obvious that whomever did this knows where you are and knows what they are doing." Looking back at Cecillia, he crossed his arms. "I think that the best thing is for both of you to come with me to the hotel today, where you will remain until night fall. Come tonight, I will discuss the matter with Vladimir and we will go from there."

Seeing as Amy agreed, Simon went to the sink, washing his hands, then went to Cecillia. "I know that this isn't how you wanted to spend your day either, but it is the best thing to do. I can't go over there and work without constantly worrying about you."

"I didn't say anything," Cecillia smiled, hugging Simon. "I'm just glad that we have you here today to take care of things."
Simon Smith
Simon Smith
Leviathan Attack
Leviathan Attack

Back to top Go down

CHAPTER 12 Empty Re: CHAPTER 12

Post  Amy Collins Armâge 19th November 2017, 20:18

An hour or so had passed as the three made their way towards Collinwood. Still baffled by the wrapped gift and who would dare send such a sickening message to her, Amy tried to keep her focus off of it knowing Simon was right that she and her family are protected.

Entering through into the foyer, Amy looked around as Simon took her cloak. Soon after, Reginald appeared from upstairs, looking down at the group. “Simon you didn’t have to bring the whole family; I wouldn’t expect the women to do such manual labor.” Embracing Amy and Cecillia, he looked back to Amy questioning, “Did you get the box I brought over last night, Mother?”

Only remembering about it and Amy tried her best to hide her expressions and nodded, “Yes dear, and thank you for bringing it. It was just a lovely welcome back gift from a neighbour; however, did you happen to see or know who brought it here?”

Reginald shook his head, “No, Lauryn was the one that was given to it. There’s nothing wrong, is there?” Everyone then simultaneously said no, leaving Reginald confused. Shrugging it off he turned and Smiled to Simon, “Well ready to tackle this room Simon? As for you ladies perhaps Lauryn needs help with the linens; she out in the clothes line right now.” Seeing the two agree then wander out, Reg smirked, “and as always, thanks for your help, Simon.”
Amy Collins Armâge
Amy Collins Armâge
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins Smith 19th November 2017, 20:29

"Yeah, no problem kid," Simon said, racing Reginald up the stairs as the two entered a roped off room that was in a state of despair. "Man, what happened in here?" Simon questioned, observing one of the walls blackened from the floor up as well as stains in the wallpaper.

"Let's just say a little accident from one of our recent guests," Reginald sighed, leaning on the door frame.

"Well, better get started," Simon suggested, going over to a wall and starting to rip off wallpaper that easily came off due to age. "Just don't get the idea to do this to any other rooms any time soon," he added. "Getting too old for this."

Cecillia Collins Smith
Cecillia Collins Smith
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down