Collinsport Society
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson)

4 posters

Go down

PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson) Empty PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson)

Post  Cecillia Collins Smith 12th November 2009, 22:13

Cecillia and Kathryn quickly walked the rest of the way up to Collinwood, not talking as much along the way. All Cecillia could think about was what she had just witnessed, and was sure that Kathryn probably had similar thoughts running through her head. As they reached the doors of Collinwood, Cecillia cautiously opened them, just knowing that she would awkwardly bump into Elizabeth on the other side of them.

"Carolyn," she exclaimed, as Carolyn was standing near the doors as Cecillia and Kathryn entered. Carolyn cheerfully smiled at her cousin, and then landed her eyes upon Kathryn. Almost forgetting, Cecillia quickly explained what was going on. "This is Kathryn Collins, she is the one who works in the antique shop in town that I was telling you about. She will be joining us for dinner."
Cecillia Collins Smith
Cecillia Collins Smith
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson) Empty Re: PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson)

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 12th November 2009, 22:26

"Oh yes, I remember," Carolyn replied with a near giggle. "Yes, she was the one whom you were going to get to fix up that old, tarnished ring of yours." Noticing that this didn't quite come out the way she meant it too, Carolyn quickly apologized. "I just don't know what has gotten in to me lately, really, but in any case it is nice to meet you Kathryn Collins."

Carolyn pondered the name Collins, wondering if this woman was of any relationship to her. She doubted it, but still left it as a possibility. "Well Mother has just returned from an errand she had to run and will be down shortly and I have just talked to Mrs. Johnson who said that dinner will be ready soon. In the mean time, we can all go wait in the drawing room if you'd like."

Carolyn noticed the two looked a little funny when she had mentioned Elizabeth, but passed it off as only her imagination. She was quite tired and wanted nothing more than for the night to quickly progress, but also wanted to show the guest, Kathryn, a good time.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson) Empty Re: PART 3: The Dinner Guest (Cecillia/Kathryn/Carolyn/Elizabeth/Mrs Johnson)

Post  Guest 12th November 2009, 22:46

"It's nice to meet you Carolyn," Kathryn said as she followed her into the drawing room. "I've heard a lot about you.....all good, of course," she added as Carolyn turned and gave her a questioning look. "I've been here a few times for brief periods, usually to talk to your Mother about some business and I'm thrilled that Cill asked me for dinner. I'm afraid I simply forgot to bring something besides myself."

I'm chattering too much, she thought. I wonder why I'm so nervous; there's a perfectly good explanation for what we saw, I'm sure. Carolyn's being friendly, it should be an enjoyable evening.

"I was briefly married to a Collins, in case you're wondering. My ex-husband was descended from Gabriel and Edith Collins. Their children were away at school at the time of their deaths in the 1840's. I've kept the name for convenience and he and I are still friends, somewhat. It's great to make new friends here; the people tend to be reserved but Cill and I felt like we knew each other right away."

Back to top Go down

Post  Carolyn Stoddard 12th November 2009, 23:00

"Ah, yes of course. I briefly heard mother mention something about you to Uncle Roger one time . . ." Carolyn went over to the window and looked out. It was beginning to get dark outside, and Carolyn was once again reminded of how much she really wanted to just call it a night.

"Well, I'm sure that you will find the people of Collinsport to be interesting, though if you sport the name 'Collins' around too much, they will more than likely associate you with 'that house on the hill', at which point you will find some people start to avoid, as they want to have nothing to do with us. But hey, you'll always have friends here!"

Carolyn was just about to say more when her Mother suddenly entered the drawing room, causing all attention to be redirected to her.
Carolyn Stoddard
Carolyn Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 15th November 2009, 19:38

"Oh, there you all are," Elizabeth said to the young people. "Welcome to Collinwood, Kathryn. Mrs. Johnson said dinner will be ready in about twenty minutes. Please, sit down."

Elizabeth chose a seat on the sofa nearest the fire. "Did you two have a pleasant walk up the lane to Collinwood?" she asked Kathryn and Cecillia. "There are quite a few lovely views from it, if you take the time to stop and look."
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins Smith 15th November 2009, 19:51

"Oh yes, cousin Elizabeth, quite fine in fact." Cecillia quickly glanced at Kathryn, and then continued. "We decided to take a 'scenic route', as Kathryn wanted to see more of the land, and plus we had time to waste. It is still quite nice out there, and it was very much fun. We saw quite a few 'interesting views' as you might say."
Cecillia Collins Smith
Cecillia Collins Smith
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 15th November 2009, 20:29

"I enjoyed it and I'm glad Cill suggested it," Kathryn said. "I brought a flashlight in case I need to walk back in the dark," she added.

She glanced at Cill after watching Mrs. Stoddard. She must be quite practiced in dealing with difficult situations. She looks very calm. I guess she has no idea that we saw anything unusual. I guess dinner won't be strained after all.

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins Smith 15th November 2009, 20:35

"So, cousin Elizabeth, I understand that you and Kathryn have already met before? So you know that she works in an . . . antique shop in town? I was ever so close to getting this ring," holding up her hand, "polished today, but decided against it; Quentin would have liked it that way."

Cecillia was getting quite hungry all of the sudden, and preferred to continue this over dinner . . . "Twenty minutes you said, right?"
Cecillia Collins Smith
Cecillia Collins Smith
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 20th November 2009, 20:13

Elizabeth went into some detail regarding the family portraits in the room since Kathryn seemed interested. Soon Mrs. Johnson came in and announced that dinner was ready and everyone seemed relieved.

They were all heading to the dining room when there was a knock at the door. "I'll get it," Elizabeth said. "You all go ahead; I'll be along shortly."

The others continued on their way. "Oh, Joe....is everything all right?" Elizabeth stepped outside and closed the doors after her to have a private word with Haskell.

When she entered the dining room the others were already seated and had begun.
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrs. Johnson 20th November 2009, 20:17

"Wasn't that Joe Haskell, Mrs Stoddard?" asked the Collinwood housekeeper. She was joining the family for the informal dinner they were having.

"With Roger, David and Vicki gone, he could have joined us. There's plenty of room and plenty of food, if I may say so."
Mrs. Johnson
Mrs. Johnson
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 20th November 2009, 20:25

"Yes, it was Mrs. Johnson. He's helping me with something regarding the cannery. It would have been nice if he could have joined us but he had to get back to town immediately."

He would be so uncomfortable, she thought. Carolyn would probably guess that he was helping me dispose of......our problem. If Joe heard that Kathryn and Cill had walked up the lane, he might have become nervous. It's better that there be no reason for anyone to wonder what is going on simply because of someone being uncomfortable.

"Well, a good walk certainly stimulates the appetite," Elizabeth said to make conversation. She looked at the two young women and told them, "Generations of your ancestors have enjoyed meals at this very table."
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Cecillia Collins Smith 21st November 2009, 20:46

Cecillia's ears perked up at the mentioning of Joe Haskell, and was stunned when she witnessed Elizabeth lie, unknowing that others at the dinner table knew she was doing so. Cecillia didn't know that her cousin Elizabeth was one to lie, so knew that this must be a very important or very embarrassing secret she and Joe were trying to hide. Cecillia turned to look at Kathryn, wondering if she too was thinking about what Elizabeth had said.

Her cousin Elizabeth was trying very hard, apparently, to make conversation, and in attempts to not make things too uncomfortable, Cecillia decided to bring up some random, interesting conversation.

"So, cousin Elizabeth, I was talking to Julia the other day at the Old House and she was telling me about how she'd very much like to get her hands on something . . . interesting. Must be a doctor thing, who knows? She seems to be pretty occupied with Barnabas most of the time, doing who knows what, but seems to find time to mingle with other tasks."

Cecillia stopped, noticing the rather odd look on Elizabeth's face at the mention of Hoffman and her studies.

"Meanwhile, Barnabas found an old book somewhere in the house, and laid it out for me to pick up. I meant to get by there today, but forgot; it's Treasure Island, perhaps David would like it, I don't prefer such really."

Nearly choking of internal laughter from her "beating around the bush" jokes, Cecillia retreated to eating the remarkably pleasing dinner Mrs. Johnson had fixed.
Cecillia Collins Smith
Cecillia Collins Smith
Makeup Crew
Makeup Crew

Back to top Go down

Post  Elizabeth Stoddard 29th November 2009, 02:48

"David might be interested in it, he loves to read. Since Barnabas was so kind to offer the book, it would be nice if you'd pick it up if you don't mind," Elizabeth said to Cill.

"I wonder if Dr. Hoffman would be willing to help me clear up a small mystery that has developed here. She would need to be discreet of course. It isn't anything that would be of interest to others; I'd just like to know for my own peace of mind."

Now that the skeleton is buried, I find I can't stop thinking about it. I really don't know how to get information about it. All I know is that Quentin wanted it removed. How on earth do other people deal with situations like this?

"Kathryn have you met Dr. Hoffman? I'm sure you'll find her very interesting," Elizabeth said to their guest.
Elizabeth Stoddard
Elizabeth Stoddard
Condemned For Witchcraft
Condemned For Witchcraft

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest 3rd December 2009, 23:23

"No, I haven't met her but I've heard of her. I would very much like to meet her," Kathryn said. She gave Cill a quick glance.

Yeah, I've heard strange things about her and about Barnabas Collins. I'd dearly love to meet both of them. If there's anyone we could ask about the old skeleton, it would be her. I wonder if that's what Mrs. Stoddard is thinking too. I'm sure she's done nothing wrong, she just doesn't consider it proper conversation and the fewer people who know about it, the safer it is.

"I don't mean to be intrusive, but I'm very interested in meeting Dr. Hoffman and in everyone at Collinwood. I'm sure you can understand that. This is such a pleasure having dinner with you all."

~end scene~

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down